Families need you
become a Positive Discipline Parent Educator
Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way
May 27th – 28th, 2022
8:30am – 5pm ET
Dates and Times
Fri May 27th – Sat May 28th
8:30am – 5pm ET
1497 Chain Bridge Road
McLean, VA 22101
In-person class, attendance is mandatory
$450 per person
Teaching Parenting The Positive Discipline Way is a two day, in-person workshop designed to support participants in learning all they need to teach the Parenting the Positive Discipline Way curriculum. Developed by Lynn Lott and Jane Nelsen, this program provides a step-by-step approach to starting and leading experientially based parenting groups and classes. This curriculum can stand alone or can offer significant enhancement to other parenting programs; it emphasizes experiential activities that reach the heart to inspire deeper understanding and change.
Grounded in the work of Jane Nelsen and Adlerian Theory, Positive Discipline centers relationship, encouragement and the practice of life skills, with an overarching theme of trusting the process and recognizing mistakes as opportunities to learn and grow.
Expectations (PLEASE REVIEW)
Participants will earn their certification by being on time and present to each day of the workshop. This is interactive training, so participants are expected to actively engage in activities and the group.
Following the completion of the course, participants will be Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educators and invited to join the Positive Discipline Association.
Continuing Education (13 Clock Hours)
The Positive Discipline Association has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider. ACEP No. 6723.
- Learn research-based effective tools and techniques for teaching parents how to use discipline that is kind and firm at the same time (non-punitive, non-permissive).
- Learn how to facilitate a parent class from the position of a non-expert.
- Gain practice with experiential exercises that help parents go beyond intellectual understanding to be able to respond in empowering ways that teach children.
- Learn how to use materials and activities in group settings, parenting classes, and individual work with families.
- Positive Discipline, the book, written by Jane Nelsen
- The latest version of the Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way manual
- The Positive Discipline Workbook
- Positive Discipline Tool Cards
Meet your trainer
Casey O’Roarty, M.Ed
I am a facilitator of personal growth and development. My work encourages parents to discover the purpose of their journey, while also providing them with tools and a shift of mindset that allows them to deepen their relationships with themselves and their families. I am a Positive Discipline Lead Trainer and certified coach and have led countless groups through workshops and classes that have left them feeling more empowered and excited about parenting. I also offers an engaging podcast, mini summits, live and online classes, and individual coaching. My first book, Joyful Courage: Calming the Drama and Taking Control of YOUR Parenting Journey was published May 20th, 2019. I live in the Pacific Northwest with my greatest teachers – my husband, and two teenage kids.