Positive Discipline Strategies for School
This 6 part seminar series offers specific parenting tools for typical challenges during the school year:
- Morning and after-school routines
- Navigating the effects of the pandemic
- Peer and sibling conflict
- And more!
Videos under 5 mins
Experience what a Positive Discipline home looks like with real families (no actors, no PowerPoint, no judgment).
Flexible & Accessible
Learn at your own pace. Available on your computer or mobile phone, so you don’t have to get a babysitter.
Private Coaching Unlimited Q&A
Get all your questions answered by the Sproutable expert team.
Printable scripts, tools, and action plans to dig deeper when you want.
You are not alone
Learn how to be connected and firm with your child, cultivate a sense of belonging and significance through mutual respect and encouragement. Set the foundation for important social and life skills: responsibility, problem-solving, communication, and independence.
Be inspired to invite cooperation, set healthy limits and boundaries, grow powerful relationships, and find the joy and humor in everyday moments.
– Dr. Jane Nelsen, Positive Discipline author
– Julie B., parent
– Vanashree J., parent
– Cassie, parent
What do I get?
- 6 monthly topic videos with Sproutable experts
- Examples and tools specific to elementary school kids
- Unlimited Q&A (email or post questions on the course website)
- Parent toolkit
- Additional resources, blogs, links, and videos for deeper learning
Seriously, I want this now.
If you love science-backed and non-judgemental parenting insights as much as us, follow the link below to join the online Sproutable community.
Tell me more
Strategies for Elementary School
Access for one year
This seminar series is for any parent or caregiver of elementary school children who is looking to strengthen relationships, tighten routines, and use everyday behavior challenges to teach long-term life skills. This is the perfect dose of inspiration and practical tips to cultivate homes where all children feel connection and belonging and have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
There are a total of 6 topics. This is a self-paced course with videos and expert resources. Join anytime! There is no timeline for completing each topic. You will have access to all course videos and materials for one year or 365 days.
Share your login with your parenting partner(s)! We’d love for you to learn together.
1. Navigating the pandemic: Vaccines, social anxiety, catching up, and more.
2. Morning routines: Getting the day started with connection and focus.
3. After school: Balancing exhaustion, homework, activities, and contributions (+ finding out about their day!).
4. Managing anxiety + teaching emotional regulation.
5. Mindfulness for school-aged kids.
6. Siblings and family systems
What is Positive Discipline?
We incorporate Dr. Jane Nelsen’s Positive Discipline parent education based on the theories of psychologists Alfred Adler and Rudolf Dreikurs. Positive Discipline helps your child feel a sense of significance and belonging through learning important skills of empowerment, self-reliance and cooperation. This parenting style encourages kindness and firmness at the same time.
Sproutable’s online courses are officially licensed Positive Discipline products.
Kindness is the way we interact and connect with our children, honoring their dignity and respecting their needs.
Firmness is the way we respect ourselves and the needs of the situation, as well as following through with what we say we are going to do.