This week’s show is a solo show- the second of six in a series where Casey will dive deep into alternatives to punishment.
Community is everything!
Join our community Facebook groups:
Takeaways from the show
- Reviewing the “why” of this series
- Natural consequences
- Personal awareness
- Nurturing relationship
- Becoming your most conscious self
- Getting curious around what’s behind behavior
- Powerful opportunities to grow relationship
- Having no agenda but curiosity
- Punishment is a short term tool
Long-Term Parenting Questions
- How do I help my teen become capable?
- How do I get into my teen’s world and support them in their developmental process?
- How do I help my teen feel belonging and significance?
- How do I help my teen learn social and life skills such as problem solving and the ability to identify feelings and communicate about those feelings in words?
- How do I begin to honor that my teen has different ideas about what is best for her/him?
- How can my teen and I use this problem as an opportunity to learn from our mistakes? How can we learn and try again instead of giving up when we make mistakes?
SETTING BOUNDARIES WITH TWEENS AND TEENS
Parenting through the middle and school years is TOUGH. If you are committed to parenting with Positive Discipline, you may feel challenged to know when to lean in, when to let go, and what are reasonable limits to create and enforce.
During this event, parents will learn about the teen brain, tease apart the difference between punishments, consequences, and boundaries – and take away the tools and mindset that matter MOST as you lead your family through this season of parenting.
Join us on Zoom Tuesday, April 26th from 5 – 7 pm PST. The cost is FREE.
To register, to go besproutable.com/boundaries-tweens-teens
Exclusive Offers for Listeners
Check out these offers and support the show while you support yourself and your family:
Better Help: www.betterhelp.com/joyfulcourage get 10% off your first month
Teen Counseling: https://teencounseling.com/jcteen get 10% off your first month
Troomi Wireless: www.troomi.com use “joyfulcourage” and get $50 off your first phone
Therapy Bootcamp: https://www.destinationyou.net/therapy-bootcamp use “Joyful” at checkout for $30 off tuition to the programSubscribe to the Podcast