Today is a solo show with your host Casey O’Roarty. Casey discusses her thoughts on The Social Dilemma movie, social media, screen use, emotions, solving problems, compassion and more!
See you next week!
Joyful Courage is so much more than a podcast! I know that you love listening in every week AND I want to encourage you to dig deeper into the learning with me, INVEST in you parenting journey.
CONSIDER ONE ON ONE COACHING – The most POWERFUL of investments offered by Joyful Courage, one on one coaching allows for parents to really tease apart the current issues they are having with their child, while also developing a clear compass for guiding them in the direction they want to be going in. Coaching happens every other week, and is open for parents with kids 4 years old through the teen years. Go to my coaching page to book a free exploratory call and see if we are the right fit. → besproutable.com/parent-coaching
Community is everything!
Join our community Facebook groups:
Takeaways from the show
- Thoughts about the Social Dilemma movie
- How big social media platforms are using the users
- Our attention is the product online
- Conversation starters around screen use
- Creating an environment where checking in is a normal thing
- What to expect from the screens and teens summit
- The mixed feelings around social media
- Juggling the things life throws at us
- How do we make room to fall apart
- Crying releases stress
- The trauma of the pandemic
- Having compassion for your teens
- All problems are relative, no matter how “small”
- Giving yourself space to grieve and release energy
- Taking time to care for yourself
- In order to change your experience, you have to recognize what’s happening
- The normality of struggle right now
- Recognize when you’re wallowing
- Being in the practice of moving forward