I am so excited to welcome my guest, Maureen Muldoon.
Maureen is a a spiritual Pied Piper, shameless storyteller and speaker who is transforming the way people think of church, sex, spirituality, and creativity. Actress, author, activist, she celebrates the miracles that live beneath the mundane and is devoted to helping others to CREATE their most engaged and unapologetic life. Today we are going to talk about her experience of mothering a transgender son.
Community is everything!
Join our community Facebook groups:
Takeaways from the show
- Raising a transgender child
- Coping with society’s opinions
- A parent’s role in understanding
- How acceptance changes your child
- Kids wanting to be acknowledged for how they seem themselves
- Self expression
- Sitting with the suicide rate as a mom of a transgender son
- Finding a greater peace of mind
- Letting go of deciding what identifiers you bring forth in your children
- Becoming aware of the ways you tell your narrative
- Things parents without transgender kids don’t understand
- Being gentle to parents who don’t understand so they can be gentle to your child out in the world
- Keeping an open mind and an open space to listen to your child
- How you can be more supportive of families with transgender kids
We are here for you
Join the email list
Join our email list! Joyful Courage is so much more than a podcast! Joyful Courage is the adolescent brand here at Sproutable. We bring support and community to parents of tweens and teens. Not a parent of a teen or tween? No worries, click on the button to sign up to the email list specifically cultivated for you: Preschool, school-aged, nannies, and teachers. We are here for everyone who loves and cares for children.I'm in!
Classes & coaching
I know that you love listening every week AND I want to encourage you to dig deeper into the learning with me, INVEST in your parenting journey. Casey O'Roarty, the Joyful Courage podcast host, offers classes and private coaching. See our current offerings.