Today’s podcast is a solo show with your host Casey O’Roarty. She is digging into the topic of “Is this Positive Discipline”? She discusses teen counseling, Positive Discipline, follow-through, cracking the code of your child’s behavior, celebrating mistakes, trusting the process, and more!
See you next week!! 🙂
Joyful Courage is so much more than a podcast! I know that you love listening in every week AND I want to encourage you to dig deeper into the learning with me, INVEST in you parenting journey.
CONSIDER ONE ON ONE COACHING – The most POWERFUL of investments offered by Joyful Courage, one on one coaching allows for parents to really tease apart the current issues they are having with their child, while also developing a clear compass for guiding them in the direction they want to be going in. Coaching happens every other week, and is open for parents with kids 4 years old through the teen years. Go to my coaching page to book a free exploratory call and see if we are the right fit. → besproutable.com/parent-coaching
Community is everything!
Join our community Facebook groups:
Takeaways from the show
- Teen Counseling
- The 5 Criteria of Positive Discipline
- Questions to ask yourself to see if the response your giving in a situation meets the criteria for Positive Discipline
- Come into it expecting your kids to follow through
- Your kids behavior lets you know what kind of experience they’re having
- Invite your kids into more expression of what’s going on for them
- Most of our mischief comes from the perception that we don’t feel like we matter
- Everyone has their own unique lenses they see out of
- Whatever we do, we want our kids to feel more connected, seen, and like they matter
- Trust the process
- Our kids learn through experience over time
- Celebrate mistakes, focus on solutions
- Model your own self-regulation
- Help your children discover how capable they are
- Recognize this isn’t a formula or a gimmick
- Healthy human beings are expressive