My guest today is Michelle Icard.
Michelle is a member of the Today show parenting team and NBC News Learn. The author of Fourteen Talks by Age Fourteen and Middle School Makeover, her work has been featured in the Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, The Christian Science Monitor, Redbook, Time, and People.
Her leadership curriculum for middle schoolers, Athena’s Path and Hero’s Pursuit, have been implemented at schools across the U.S., and her summer camp curriculum is offered at more than twenty camps each summer. She lives with her family in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Be a Subscriber
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on Apple Podcast to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast to help me spread the show to an ever-larger audience!!
Community is everything!
Join our community Facebook groups:
Takeaways from the show
- Being the leader and designer of your life
- Michelle’s new book: 14 talks by age Fourteen
- How lots of little conversations are more helpful than one big conversation
- BRIEF acronym
- Conversation crashers
- Be specific with your kids
- Isolation is a part of exploring independence
- Sitting inside of having tough conversations with your child
- Having trust in your kids that they will learn from their mistakes
- Having a neutral expression while talking to your kids
What does Joyful Courage mean to you?
When I hear Joyful Courage I think it has to do with being brave without worrying about the outcome, just for the moment of the bravery. Like the joy of taking the leap or asking someone out without worrying how it turns out.