This week’s episode is a SOLO show! 🙂
Community is everything!
Join our community Facebook groups:
Takeaways from the show
- Difference between controlling our teens vs being with them
- Punishments are not the only tool for navigating behavior
- Trust your teens want to learn and evolve
- Remembering life is unfolding FOR us
- Ask yourself if your fear for your teen is valid
- Look for openings to offer curiosity
- Feel seen- when our kids are struggling it’s hard
- Leaning into an energy of comfort
- Keep showing up for your teen
- Surrender to what is now while also holding onto the fact that nothing stays the same
- Be curious and supportive about what your kids want
- Get out of the way and trust your kids
Mental Health Mini Summit
Parenting teenagers is hard work!
The Adolescent Mental Health Summit brings top experts to one place for supporting parents with the nuances of their teen’s mental health.
The topics covered in this mini summit are hard to talk about. Parents with teens that are going through mental health challenges often feel very alone and ashamed. My goal is to shine a light on these topics in a way that allows parents to feel more capable and informed – and to allow all parents to recognize there is no shame here, simply children that are doing the best they can with the tools they have.
The Adolescent Mental Health Mini Summit provides valuable information for parents around learning challenges, eating disorders, self harm, anxiety, depression, and more.
Go to besproutable.com/teens and click online teen courses to purchase!
Exclusive Offers for Listeners
Check out these offers and support the show while you support yourself and your family:
Better Help: www.betterhelp.com/joyfulcourage get 10% off your first month
Teen Counseling: https://teencounseling.com/jcteen get 10% off your first month
Troomi Wireless: www.troomi.com use “joyfulcourage” and get $50 off your first phone
Therapy Bootcamp: https://www.destinationyou.net/therapy-bootcamp use “Joyful” at checkout for $30 off tuition to the programSubscribe to the Podcast