Today the solo show content comes straight from the Joyful Courage for Parents of Teens FB group. I talk a lot with my clients and here on the pod about “energetic responsibility” and a mama posted a question asking me to go deeper. The result is this podcast!
Community is everything!
Join our community Facebook groups:
Takeaways from the show
- Louisa’s question about “energetic responsibility” and how we make sure our kids pick it up when we put it down
- The parents “task” vs the teens “task”
- Using the example of school and school work
- “Your task is to believe in yourself and believe in others”
- Accepting our kids as they are and letting go to their timeline
- Regardless of if they pick it up, holding on to the energetic responsibility isn’t serving our teens
Today Joyful Courage it is about lightness and being brave enough to trust in the way life is unfolding for my kids – to trust that the unfolding offers them experiences that they have the skills to navigate. And when they don’t… they are resourceful enough to figure it out.Subscribe to the Podcast
We are here for you
Join the email list
Join our email list! Joyful Courage is so much more than a podcast! Joyful Courage is the adolescent brand here at Sproutable. We bring support and community to parents of tweens and teens. Not a parent of a teen or tween? No worries, click on the button to sign up to the email list specifically cultivated for you: Preschool, school-aged, nannies, and teachers. We are here for everyone who loves and cares for children.I'm in!
Classes & coaching
I know that you love listening every week AND I want to encourage you to dig deeper into the learning with me, INVEST in your parenting journey. Casey O'Roarty, the Joyful Courage podcast host, offers classes and private coaching. See our current offerings.