Kim Estes is AWESOME! I had such a fun time interviewing here… She is straight to the point while also being light and real. I learned a ton throughout our conversation, I bet you will too!!
Intro with Family – two daughters, middle/high schoolers
Savvy Parents Safe Kids – www.savvyparentssafekids.com
Patty Fitzgerald – Safety Ever After
Lots of strategies… not just “this is what you do in the moment”
Being home alone… 2 tips:
- Don’t open the door, acknowledge the door –
In a strong voice: “Who is it?” followed by, “I can’t help you…” and walk away.
- Know what to do if there is a fire –
Get out of the house and use a neighbors phone to call 911
Talking about having an “out” for sticky situations… Teach your kids language to use and practice the language…
- Free range in the world is safer than free range online.
- The internet is a place, not a thing….
- Safety radar isn’t quite as tuned in….
Don’t scare them, it’s not helpful
“Family” safety rule
Check in – make it a family thing
Lead by example
Community is everything!
Join our community Facebook groups: