Megan Barella loves to help parents unlock their parenting power through her classes and coaching programs. As a Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator, she brings a holistic approach to help people live and parent in connection with their highest selves. “The Getting to Gold Project” is the program Megan is developing for parents who are trauma survivors. Megan loves to cook, dance, do art projects, and spend time in the woods with her 7 year old son in the Portland, OR area.
Highlights from the conversation:
– The stress response system takes over
– Through awareness we can bring what is happening internally into the open
– Parenting is incredible, courageous work
– Dan Siegel, Parenting From the Inside Out
– We want our kids to thrive!
– Becky Bailey of Conscious Discipline – “Awareness is the first agent of positive change”
– Be a gentle observer – awareness + self compassion ((you tube video))
– Hand over Heart
– Mistakes are opportunities to learn
– Power of Repair
– Showing up the best we can with the tools we have
– Our mistakes are not us!! Our patterns are what we have taken on to survive…
– Narrative therapy
– “I am not defined by my mistakes”
– Our body reads stress AS fear
– The power of our positive intent
Join the Parenting for the Next Generation community at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ParentingfortheNextGeneration/
And follow Megan at:
Community is everything!
Join our community Facebook groups:
Takeaways from the show
We are here for you
Join the email list
Join our email list! Joyful Courage is so much more than a podcast! Joyful Courage is the adolescent brand here at Sproutable. We bring support and community to parents of tweens and teens. Not a parent of a teen or tween? No worries, click on the button to sign up to the email list specifically cultivated for you: Preschool, school-aged, nannies, and teachers. We are here for everyone who loves and cares for children.I'm in!
Classes & coaching
I know that you love listening every week AND I want to encourage you to dig deeper into the learning with me, INVEST in your parenting journey. Casey O'Roarty, the Joyful Courage podcast host, offers classes and private coaching. See our current offerings.