World traveler, calm seeker, mom coach, multi-lingual speaker, Alexander Hughes, brings us her methods for supporting mamas in the chaos that is parenthood. The trials and tribulations of her own experience in motherhood would eventually fuel the passion of support she gives to other moms navigating the same road. Alex has created a soft space for mamas feeling out of control to find their rhythm and calm. At her website inneressencecoaching.com one has access to her workshops, authentic words of wisdom and that much needed place to connect with someone who gets it. With three kids and a handful of international moves Alex knows what it means to feel out of control in the mama chaos – which is why she has turned over every rock to find that much needed calm. We really should just make her wear a cape.
Community is everything!
Join our community Facebook groups:
Takeaways from the show
- Alex’s journey into and out of chaos
- An experience of transitions from a working professional to working mom to stay at home mom and back to working mom
- Our vision vs. our reality
- Why finding calm is so important as a mother
- The importance of mother’s nurturing a relationship with self
- Identifying patterns and models in current parenting
- Understanding where patterns and models come from
- Understanding the internal work necessary to tackle patterns & models
- How we set ourselves up and why this can ultimately lead to chaos
- Changing how we see the road – going from linear to cyclical
- Understanding the cycles through life
- Awareness of what we model for our kids
- Access to tools 1) manage stress 2) manage anger 3) creating a life for yourself that are aligned with values and self loving
- How our words create expectations for the inner child
- Where courage lies
- Summary of how Alex helps mamas on the road to calm – #1 Internal Work #2 External Work
- Self Care – is about “doing stuff that lights you up”
- Calm responding wisdom & tools
I think that you need to be courageous to be a conscious mom, to practice positive parenting, or to take that journey toward calm responding. It’s about opening yourself up to feelings. It’s about treating those moments as learning opportunities when you do ‘make those mistakes’. When you open yourself up, you need to be courageous to be vulnerable. Once you do that it opens up this space for connection, which without there would be no joy.
SETTING BOUNDARIES WITH TWEENS AND TEENS
Parenting through the middle and school years is TOUGH. If you are committed to parenting with Positive Discipline, you may feel challenged to know when to lean in, when to let go, and what are reasonable limits to create and enforce.
During this event, parents will learn about the teen brain, tease apart the difference between punishments, consequences, and boundaries – and take away the tools and mindset that matter MOST as you lead your family through this season of parenting.
Join us on Zoom Tuesday, April 26th from 5 – 7 pm PST. The cost is FREE.
To register, to go besproutable.com/boundaries-tweens-teens
Exclusive Offers for Listeners
Check out these offers and support the show while you support yourself and your family:
Better Help: www.betterhelp.com/joyfulcourage get 10% off your first month
Teen Counseling: https://teencounseling.com/jcteen get 10% off your first month
Troomi Wireless: www.troomi.com use “joyfulcourage” and get $50 off your first phone
Therapy Bootcamp: https://www.destinationyou.net/therapy-bootcamp use “Joyful” at checkout for $30 off tuition to the programSubscribe to the Podcast
We are here for you
Join the email list
Join our email list! Joyful Courage is so much more than a podcast! Joyful Courage is the adolescent brand here at Sproutable. We bring support and community to parents of tweens and teens. Not a parent of a teen or tween? No worries, click on the button to sign up to the email list specifically cultivated for you: Preschool, school-aged, nannies, and teachers. We are here for everyone who loves and cares for children.I'm in!
Classes & coaching
I know that you love listening every week AND I want to encourage you to dig deeper into the learning with me, INVEST in your parenting journey. Casey O'Roarty, the Joyful Courage podcast host, offers classes and private coaching. See our current offerings.