This week we are revisiting Episode 248. This show originally came out in November of 2020. Offers and products mentioned during the show are likely outdated.
Maureen Muldoon is a a spiritual Pied Piper, shameless storyteller and speaker who is transforming the way people think of church, sex, spirituality, and creativity. Actress, author, activist, she celebrates the miracles that live beneath the mundane and is devoted to helping others to CREATE their most engaged and unapologetic life. Today we are going to talk about her experience of mothering a transgender son.
Community is everything!
Join our community Facebook groups:
Takeaways from the show
- Raising a transgender child
- Coping with society’s opinions
- A parent’s role in understanding
- How acceptance changes your child
- Kids wanting to be acknowledged for how they seem themselves
- Self expression
- Sitting with the suicide rate as a mom of a transgender son
- Finding a greater peace of mind
- Letting go of deciding what identifiers you bring forth in your children
- Becoming aware of the ways you tell your narrative
- Things parents without transgender kids don’t understand
- Being gentle to parents who don’t understand so they can be gentle to your child out in the world
- Keeping an open mind and an open space to listen to your child
- How you can be more supportive of families with transgender kids
Mental Health Mini Summit
Parenting teenagers is hard work!
The Adolescent Mental Health Summit brings top experts to one place for supporting parents with the nuances of their teen’s mental health.
The topics covered in this mini summit are hard to talk about. Parents with teens that are going through mental health challenges often feel very alone and ashamed. My goal is to shine a light on these topics in a way that allows parents to feel more capable and informed – and to allow all parents to recognize there is no shame here, simply children that are doing the best they can with the tools they have.
The Adolescent Mental Health Mini Summit provides valuable information for parents around learning challenges, eating disorders, self harm, anxiety, depression, and more.
Go to besproutable.com/teens and click online teen courses to purchase!
Exclusive Offers for Listeners
Check out these offers and support the show while you support yourself and your family:
Better Help: www.betterhelp.com/joyfulcourage get 10% off your first month
Teen Counseling: https://teencounseling.com/jcteen get 10% off your first month
Troomi Wireless: www.troomi.com use “joyfulcourage” and get $50 off your first phone
Therapy Bootcamp: https://www.destinationyou.net/therapy-bootcamp use “Joyful” at checkout for $30 off tuition to the programSubscribe to the Podcast