Meet Kerry Foreman, psychotherapist, mother, wife and mindfulness guide. Kerry’s practice and blog, Grounded, settles around mindfulness awareness and the practice to live a life you’ll truly love. After a tough childhood, Kerry recognized that the tools she had to cope with life were unhealthy. Life her threw her some tough lessons, but by surrounding herself with healthy people she began to open the gifts of healthy practices, which began her healing journey. One by one she was able to acknowledge the unhelpful coping mechanisms and could then change and design how she wanted to live. Kerry lives in Colorado with her family. Her blog, Grounded, is a place for those who find strength in uplifting words and real, raw stories. It’s for those who love the idea of Mindfulness but maybe have no idea what that even looks like in real life. Kerry’s passion is to help people learn to live with a clearer lens.
Where to find Kerry:
Community is everything!
Join our community Facebook groups:
Takeaways from the show
- Recognition of FOO (Family of Origin) patterns and the call to make changes
- Psychological/verbal/emotional abuse trains us react rather than respond
- Noticing patterns such as shame, guilt and anger – where do they originate?
- Becoming a parent can bring these to the surface. How do we recognize where we need to change?
- Learning to respond instead if react
- Understand and reflect on our own parents’ experience
- Creating change and becoming aware of our own inner state of being
- Mindfulness practice influences the shift into better relationships
- How do we become grounded in order to stay balanced and present in mind no matter what is happening around us?
- Where control plays a role in mindfulness and the contrast in anxiety
- What do we chose to believe – what is the story we play in our minds?
- Self talk of being a victim – recognizing the language
- Expectations of others and how to stay mindful and in control while at the same time releasing what we are not in control of.
Where to find Kerry:
Exclusive Offers for Listeners
Check out these offers and support the show while you support yourself and your family:
Better Help: www.betterhelp.com/joyfulcourage get 10% off your first month
Teen Counseling: https://teencounseling.com/jcteen get 10% off your first month
Troomi Wireless: www.troomi.com use “joyfulcourage” and get $50 off your first phone
Therapy Bootcamp: https://www.destinationyou.net/therapy-bootcamp use “Joyful” at checkout for $30 off tuition to the programSubscribe to the Podcast