Talking with Teens
3 part workshop hosted by Amy Lang, Birds & Bees & Kids
11/1, 11/15, 11/29
5pm – 7pm PT
3 part workshop
$149 $99 USD
Parenting teens is hard!
When it comes to sexuality, the world has changed since you were a teen and you may feel out of your depth talking about it with your kid. When they are not (at all) interested in talking about sexuality, it makes it even harder. This workshop series will help you become more comfortable and confident talking with your teen about sexuality, relationships, and so much more.
This three-part workshop is a special Sproutable partnership led by Amy Lang from Birds & Bees & Kids. Here at Sproutable, we love to bring the professionals and the conversations straight to you, parents of teenagers. The workshop format is designed to give you useful information that you can put into practice immediately.
Session 1 – Tuesday, November 1, 2022
What Teens Need to Know ASAP
- Tips to help you have the most engagement during your chats
- How to talk about pleasure and consent
- What to do if they are already sexually active
- How to show up for them regardless of your comfort level
Session 2 – Tuesday, November 15, 2022
The New World of Gender & Sexual Orientation
- The different genders and sexual orientations
- How kids are exploring gender and sexual orientation
- What kids need as they navigate their gender identity
- How to support LGBTQ kids
Session 3 – Tuesday, November 29, 2022
The Porn Talks
- Teen porn viewing statistics
- Why you need to talk to them
- How help them navigate exposure
- How to support them if they are using it regularly
Meet Amy Lang
Amy Lang, MA has been a sexual health educator for over 25 years. Surprised by her discomfort with just the idea of talking with her young son about his body she knew she needed help. Amy did a bunch of research to learn how to talk with kids about bodies and sexuality and realized she could help other parents with this important part of parenting.
In 2006 she started Birds & Bees & Kids. With her lively, engaging, and down-to-earth style she helps parents become comfortable and confident talking with their kids. Amy’s books, online solutions center, and podcast, show parents they really can become their kids’ go-to birds and bees source.
She is still married to her first husband and they are getting the hang of parenting their recently launched man-child. She lives in Seattle WA and you can learn more about her work at BirdsAndBeesAndKids.com and BBKPros.com.
“Amy Lang makes talking about sex feel like talking about winning the lottery – there are a million wonderful things to do, a million awesome ways to have the conversation.”
-Cheryl Murfin, Seattle’s Child Magazine
This is for you if you want to…
- Feel confident you have done all you can to prepare them for one of the most important parts of life
- Learn some easy-to-use strategies to get them to listen to you
- Understand how kids think about gender and sexual orientation these days
- Know how to handle the porn talks
- Push through your discomfort (and theirs) so that you can become their go-to source